25 Highly Interesting Seth Rogen Facts and Quotes
Seth Rogen was a walking Vancouver dispensary before pot stores were even a thing. Okay, he probably wasn’t a dealer – given his success from his teen years – but the man was definitely buying his fair share of weed and has always been a proud member of the cannabis community. Here are 25 of the best quotes by and facts about one of our stoner icons, Seth Rogen.
- Seth Rogen has described his parents as “radical Jewish socialists.”
- “I’ll vote for whoever is the Democrat. That’s all I need to know.”
- As a child, Rogen didn’t want to pursue any career other than comedy: “As soon as I realized you could be funny as a job, that was the job I wanted”. He got his start in show business at age 12 after enrolling in a comedy workshop. He never expected to become an actor.
- “I’m not the most in-tune guy with what is getting nominated and winning awards in general.”
- He’s surprisingly not a fan of the Cheech and Chong movies.
- At the age of 13, he co-wrote the first draft of Superbad with childhood friend Evan Goldberg. The two met at bar mitzvah classes and have been writing partners ever since.
- Rogen and Goldberg’s production company, Point Grey Pictures, is named after their high school in Vancouver.
- “It’s not dying you need to be afraid of, it’s never having lived in the first place.”
- Rogen and Goldberg spent the rest of their time in high school polishing the Superbad They initially worried that American Pie had beaten them to the idea for the movie, but they decided that it “managed to totally avoid all honest interaction between characters… which is what we’re going for.”
- When he was 16, Seth’s father lost his job and his mother quit hers, forcing them to put their house up for sale and relocate to a significantly smaller apartment. Around this time, he landed a role on Judd Apatow’s television show Freaks and Geeks after attending a local casting call. Check out our recent post on other wildly successful stoners.
- “Most people I work with are older than me and the main thing I’ve learnt is that everyone is a dumb as an 18-year-old.”
- Seth was a good student but quickly dropped out of high school, began working for Apatow, and relocated with his family to Los Angeles. Rogen then supported his family at just 16.
- Rogen doesn’t do edibles despite being a proud daily weed smoker.
- “Life, as I see it, is R-rated.”
- He has a King Charles Spaniel named Zelda.
- Seth has said that 50% of the movie This Is the End – where he and other celebrities play versions of themselves – was ad-libbed. Superbad was 95% scripted.
- “It’s my mission to sue the MPAA and take them down. I don’t know how to go about doing that. But to me, it seems like it’s something that has to be taken care of.
- Anyone subbed to his Instagram knows that Seth spends a lot of his downtime making pottery.
- Steven Spielberg once came over to talk to Seth outside a party while he was smoking a joint. He said he felt disapproval from the veteran filmmaker then and every time they met in future.
- “Most comedy comes out of misery.”
- He has said he’s smoked weed on every movie he’s worked on and acted out countless scenes while stoned.
- Seth has long been a supporter of pro-cannabis legislation and is proud of the number of dispensaries in his hometown of Vancouver, Canada.
- Seth married his girlfriend of 7 years, Lauren Miller, in 2011. Around 200 guests attended the ceremony in Senoma, California, including stars such as Jonah Hill, Adam Sandler, Paul Rudd and Craig Robinson.
- “Marriage can be expensive, and if I lose millions then it’ll be the best millions I’ve spent.”
- Seth is releasing his first book, Year Book, in May 2021. It’s a collection of personal essays and funny stories.
Which stoner should we take a look at next? Let us know if we missed any fun facts about Seth Rogen and if you’re looking for some of the cheapest ounces in Canada, you’re in the right place. Find the best deals on BC bud at our online pot store here.
Until next time, smoke responsibly.